Monday, July 14, 2014

I have returned

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Please pardon the prolonged delay between postings.  Two close family weddings, within two months of each other, tends to take up a lot of attention and expense, and the focus on my vocation has increased dramatically.  As Oscar Wilde said, "Work is the curse of the drinking class."  That sentiment can apply equally well to bloggers too (a statement deliberately ambiguous).

I appreciate your patience with my modest attempt to re-start.

Speaking of being besieged by work, allow me to wish you a Happy Bastille Day.  Radical Islamists too ought to appreciate the commemoration, what with all the focus on beheadings.

The scene outside my office, an allusion to my in-box

But as to a sentiment not quite so literally sanguine, and approaching it from a different direction, perhaps today is as good as any to refresh our notion in regards to the current régime in Washington, and what may come to pass with this steady accumulation of scandal.  Aux armes, citoyens, formez vous bataillons,...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and discussion is open and encouraged. I expect that there will be some occasional disagreement (heaven knows why) or welcome clarification and embellishment, and such are freely solicited.

Consider that all such comments are in the public domain and are expected to be polite, even while contentious. I will delete comments which are ad hominem, as well as those needlessly profane beyond the realm of sputtering incredulity in reaction to some inanity, unless attributed to a quote.

Links to other sources are fine so long as they further the argument or expand on the discussion. All such comments and links are the responsibility of the commenter, and the mere presence herein does not necessarily constitute my agreement.

I will also delete all comments that link to a commercial site.