Friday, September 21, 2012

Incommunicado

I regret to inform you – at least for the purpose of this column – that I will be away for a brief period and unavailable by means of any technology not in use within the last hundred years or more (or far longer in case you would include the mail).  I am vanishing into the wilderness and will re-connect once I return, and discover what news has transpired in this world during my absence.  I appreciate the patience on the part of those who hang on my every word, and for everyone else.


My faithful will know me to be one of a healthy sense of paranoia, and I am not given easily to announce my absence.  But for those who believe that they have seen past my nom de plume and can discern my identity and home, remember that I am a dedicated believer in the Constitution and a full participant in liberties afforded by the Second Amendment, and so are the family members remaining behind in my residence.  In the spirit of a notice I saw recently in one of the firearms establishments which I frequent: “My doors are locked not to protect me, but to protect you.” 

I will miss all of you, but not so much that I pass up an opportunity to enjoy a series of sojourns through preserved areas of Elysian landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and discussion is open and encouraged. I expect that there will be some occasional disagreement (heaven knows why) or welcome clarification and embellishment, and such are freely solicited.

Consider that all such comments are in the public domain and are expected to be polite, even while contentious. I will delete comments which are ad hominem, as well as those needlessly profane beyond the realm of sputtering incredulity in reaction to some inanity, unless attributed to a quote.

Links to other sources are fine so long as they further the argument or expand on the discussion. All such comments and links are the responsibility of the commenter, and the mere presence herein does not necessarily constitute my agreement.

I will also delete all comments that link to a commercial site.